Simple tips to Raise Your Storage Space
SHIELD TV users increases their storage area for apps and games by installing USB drives (or SD Cards if supported) to displace their present internal storage space.
Things to understand before you can get started:
1. It becomes encrypted to your SHIELD TV and can no longer be used interchangeably with other devices such as personal computers or cameras when you format an external drive as internal storage.
2. Instead, you are able to create your outside drive as detachable storage space for sharing files, nevertheless, you can not install apps and games to storage that is removable. By using a USB drive to talk about content between SHIELD and a PC, you need to install it as removable storage space.
3. It effectively replaces your current interior storage space once you format an outside drive as internal storage space. You certainly will no further manage to utilize storage area on your own current interior storage space for setting up big game files. Because of this, ensure that the brand new space for storage is bigger than your present storage that is internal. SHIELD television Pro (500 GB) users will in all probability desire to utilize external drives as removable storage space.
4. Just one outside storage space unit could be arranged as interior storage space at the same time.
5. Remember to work with a microSD card with a Class 10 rate score or greater or perhaps a USB 3.0 drive. Slow SD cards or USB drives can lead to reduced performance in apps and games.
Note for higher level users: New apps and games will choose the storage that is new for installation unless the application calls for the .apk file to install to interior storage space. Large .obb files will always install towards the brand new unit storage space.
set-up procedures: 1. Insert the storage that is external. If you do not see a pop-up, visit Settings > Storage & reset and choose the drive that is external record. Continue reading